A vehicle backup camera is a device that can be installed on most cars, trucks and SUVs. The purpose of the camera is to direct the driver when reversing since it shows all that is happening at the rear side of the car. For example, if there are other cars parked behind, the driver can easily see them and determine how to move his or her car without touching them. This can make reversing and parking much safer and easier as well. This type of camera also increases safety as it allows you to see any people, pets or objects that may be behind your vehicle that you would not otherwise be able to view.
There are many different backup cameras on the market for one to choose from, but the process can be quite overwhelming if it is your first time buying one. The following are some essential guides to help you select the best backup camera to install in your car.
Top Selling Backup Cameras To Choose From
- Easy & Quick Installation: Most RVs are already prepped for the Vision S system, eliminating extensive drilling requirements. The unique Sharkfin camera fits on the pre-installed prep and the marker light cameras can replace your existing marker lights
- Waterproof Cameras with Night Vision: Comes with 3 High Resolution (720x480) IP65 waterproof cameras with infrared night vision, live streaming, intelligent IR cut filters and wide viewing angles
- Stable & Long Range Signal Strength: The 2.4GHz proprietary wireless communication provides a reliable digital connection with no lag between the camera and monitor . Tested for up to 100ft at high speeds and extended range of up to 492ft in open spaces
- ✔ 1080P Fookoo Technology: The 1st to Introduce 1080P Technology for Backup Cameras. Digital High definition Image Processor Will Make Your Backing More Confident and Safe. This Wired System Never Has Picture Delay or Signal Issues, Different From the Unstable Wireless Products.
- ✔ 2 Million Pixel Camera: IP69 Waterproof Camera has 18 Infrared Lights and “No Wash Out in Bright light” Sharp CCD Sensor with Excellent Night Vision, You Will Get the Clear and Vivid Images.
- ✔ Parking Lines Assistance: The trigger wire will trigger the CH2 screen with Parking Lines automatically. Parking Lines will help you parking safer and faster, no longer need someone to get off the vehicle to help you see the road or guide you.
- Plug and Play,Very easy installation.The system is powered by connecting to reverse lights for use when vehicle is in reverse gear. Or can be powered by directly connecting to a 12v source fuse box or cigarette lighter/power point/ignition switch for continuous use.
- Upgraded IP 69 Waterproof. High performance waterproof, never worry about water inside the camera. Color HD license plate camera with 149 degree viewing angle and 6 White LED Lights provide crystal clear color both at night and day.Camera is connected to monitor via direct wire (provided).
- Multifunctional 4.3 Inch LCD Display' Menu:You can adjust the parking lines's width,moving Left/Right/Up/Down to make it fits for the real condition.You can also turn it off if you do not want it.The image can be flipped between mirror (rear view) and facing (front view).You can use the camera as rear camera or front camera optional.
- ★Latest Digital Signal: With unique dual antenna design and the latest digital signal chip, DoHonest wireless backup camera can send HD 1080P videos to the display via the stronger signal. The signal can reach 500ft in open area and 240ft in vehicles. You don't worry signal interference and delay issues.
- ★Two Way DVR Video Inputs – This kit can be add up to 2 cameras(CH1/CH2) so there is 2 Channels with Recording Function. You can watch full image or split screen for dual view. If you need extra camera, you can search B0828QY231 to purchase. Extra bracket adapter and pigtail wire for Furrion pre-wired system can be provided. Also, you can use camera on the side, only need to add side view mount B089Y3NXQ.
- ★FHD 1080P Image – This RV wireless backup camera designed with 15 infrared light and Sony CCD sensor display images at high definition up to 1080P. Advanced Technology to Generate HD Color Night Vision Images. You can still watch excellent vision even in a dark environment.
- ★ Wireless Design for Easy Installation - No More Complex Wiring Problem. DoHonest 7'' TFT rear view monitor connects a backup camera by a wireless transmitter.You just need to connect the monitor to the lighter charger, connect the camera to running light or reversing light and you are good to go. No more complicated long video cables from the monitor to the camera. Make all things much easier.
- ★ Stable and Vivid HD1080P Image – With digital wireless transmission , delivers a stable image without any interference from other signals such as Bluetooth. Equipped with great sensor, the camera provides vivid picture , which restores what you see behind your car directly.
- ★ Ideal Camera – The waterproof standard of this camera is IP69 , the highest and lowest temperature resistance is -4°F~149°F, and the lumen rating is 0.1 at low light night. Therefore whether it is sunny or rainy, hot or cold, day or night, the camera always performs well.
Last update on 2021-11-02 at 01:59 PST/ Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Wireless Or Hardwired Device
This is an essential question that you need to ask yourself first before you head to the shop to buy a backup camera. The answer will be determined by convenience you need and also the installation time. A wireless camera is so much faster to install since you will not necessarily need to bother about where to place the cables and where to connect it unlike when using the hardwired device. Also, installing the wireless camera is quite easy and you can do it on your own unlike when installing the wired one which has to be carried out by a technician to ensure that all the interior wiring is done efficiently and no wires are left hanging.
Generally, as the saying goes, “you get what you pay for”. And therefore, if you are willing to spend more money in buying for a backup camera kit, rest assured you will get the best device for your vehicle. As we said earlier, these devices are designed by different brands and are of different kinds as well. So, the choice of your camera will be determined by your budget. The higher the price it will cost you to acquire the better features it has and vice versa. But, there are other brands that are sold at a fair price and they still function well. Hence the best thing to do is to find a camera that meets your needs depending on the areas you drive at and the time as well.
The backup camera is designed to give you a clear view of the rear side of your car. Therefore, the camera should be able to reverse the images or the videos and give a clear view of the screen as if you are looking with your eyes. Also, the images should be clear such that you can see all the objects that are behind you.
Number Of Cameras
This is another essential factor that you need to consider when purchasing the backup camera. Some cars, SUVs and trucks are quite large and one camera may not be able to give a complete view of the rear side. So, to ensure that you are able to cover the entire space view, purchasing two cameras is the best option as they provide a complete backside view. Some backup camera kits are packed with two devices thus you will not necessarily need to purchase them separately.
You definitely want to have a clear view of the back area without straining your eyes to see what is displayed on the screen. Since the screen monitors are designed in different sizes, select the screen that will give you enough view when reversing your car without causing any straining to your eyes.
Not all backup cameras are compatible with all the cars. So, research about the best cameras that work well with your car model. For example, if you drive a Toyota, check out the backup cameras that are compatible with Toyota cars.
Consider Adding Cables
Although the manufacturers usually pack enough cables for backing up the system depending on the car to use with the camera, sometimes it is advisable that you purchase extra cable for towing the set up if need be. Besides, you may also need to shift the position of the system and this may require extra cabling.
If you are planning to install a backup camera in your vehicle, first off read the above guide to help you choose the best camera that will meet your needs and fit well with your vehicle as well. You can also ask for advice from the vehicle technicians on the best back up cameras for cars in the market.