A vehicle backup camera is a device that can be installed on most cars, trucks and SUVs. The purpose of the camera is to direct the driver when reversing since it shows all that is happening at the rear side of the car. For example, if there are other cars parked behind, the driver can easily see them and determine how to move his or her car without touching them. This can make reversing and parking much safer and easier as well. This type of camera also increases safety as it allows you to see any people, pets or objects that may be behind your vehicle that you would not otherwise be able to view.
There are many different backup cameras on the market for one to choose from, but the process can be quite overwhelming if it is your first time buying one. The following are some essential guides to help you select the best backup camera to install in your car.
Top Selling Backup Cameras To Choose From
- Plug and Play: Reverse camera and monitor are connected directly via a 4-pin cable with a power cord connector.Power it to reverse lights for use when vehicle is in reverse gear Or can be powered by directly connecting to a 12v source fuse box or cigarette lighter/power point/ignition switch for continuous use.
- Upgraded High performance IP 69 Waterproof.No need to worry about water inside the camera.Color HD license plate camera with 149 degree viewing angle and 6 White LED Lights provide crystal clear color both at night and day.
- DIY Setting:You can adjust the parking line's width,moving Left/Right/Up/Down to make it fits for the real condition.You can also turn it off if you do not want it.The image can be flipped between mirror (rear view) and facing (front view).You can use the camera as rear backup camera or front camera optional.
- 【Stable and Vivid Image】With digital wireless transmission, CS-2 delivers a stable image without any interference from other signals such as Bluetooth. Equipped with a PC1058 sensor, the camera provides a vivid picture, which restores what you see behind your car directly.
- 【Accuracy - Top priority for parking】The bigger the camera angle is, the more image distortion you get when the angle is over 110 degrees, which makes 110 degrees a golden angle for parking. Together with the adjustable parking lines that fit different heights camera installation place makes CS-2 a trusted parking assistant.
- 【Ideal Camera】The waterproof standard of this camera is IP 68, the highest and lowest temperature resistance is -4°F~149°F, and the lumen rating is 0.1 at low light night. Therefore whether it is sunny or rainy, hot or cold, day or night, the camera always performs well.
- Backup camera with IP69K waterproof IP rate.It designed with fully sealed glue filling craft, so it waterproof function is better than IP67 and IP68, you absolutely no need to worry about water, fog or mist inside. NOTE: please separately order a suitable harness to complete installation if connect it to a factory radio/screen.
- Rear view camera with a latest HD 600TVL 1/2.7inch image sensor and 170 degree super wide viewing angle lens, that's great for you to check the invisible blind spot clearly and make parking safe and simple.
- Reverse camera housing is metal,small size and OEM style design. Also it is built in multifunctional switching loops function,you can switch it to be front view, also support guide line on/off switching and cut the purple loop to choose a vertical down-ward view from like a tailgate down view(tailgate mounting).
Wireless Or Hardwired Device
This is an essential question that you need to ask yourself first before you head to the shop to buy a backup camera. The answer will be determined by convenience you need and also the installation time. A wireless camera is so much faster to install since you will not necessarily need to bother about where to place the cables and where to connect it unlike when using the hardwired device. Also, installing the wireless camera is quite easy and you can do it on your own unlike when installing the wired one which has to be carried out by a technician to ensure that all the interior wiring is done efficiently and no wires are left hanging.
Generally, as the saying goes, “you get what you pay for”. And therefore, if you are willing to spend more money in buying for a backup camera kit, rest assured you will get the best device for your vehicle. As we said earlier, these devices are designed by different brands and are of different kinds as well. So, the choice of your camera will be determined by your budget. The higher the price it will cost you to acquire the better features it has and vice versa. But, there are other brands that are sold at a fair price and they still function well. Hence the best thing to do is to find a camera that meets your needs depending on the areas you drive at and the time as well.
The backup camera is designed to give you a clear view of the rear side of your car. Therefore, the camera should be able to reverse the images or the videos and give a clear view of the screen as if you are looking with your eyes. Also, the images should be clear such that you can see all the objects that are behind you.
Number Of Cameras
This is another essential factor that you need to consider when purchasing the backup camera. Some cars, SUVs and trucks are quite large and one camera may not be able to give a complete view of the rear side. So, to ensure that you are able to cover the entire space view, purchasing two cameras is the best option as they provide a complete backside view. Some backup camera kits are packed with two devices thus you will not necessarily need to purchase them separately.
You definitely want to have a clear view of the back area without straining your eyes to see what is displayed on the screen. Since the screen monitors are designed in different sizes, select the screen that will give you enough view when reversing your car without causing any straining to your eyes.
Not all backup cameras are compatible with all the cars. So, research about the best cameras that work well with your car model. For example, if you drive a Toyota, check out the backup cameras that are compatible with Toyota cars.
Consider Adding Cables
Although the manufacturers usually pack enough cables for backing up the system depending on the car to use with the camera, sometimes it is advisable that you purchase extra cable for towing the set up if need be. Besides, you may also need to shift the position of the system and this may require extra cabling.
If you are planning to install a backup camera in your vehicle, first off read the above guide to help you choose the best camera that will meet your needs and fit well with your vehicle as well. You can also ask for advice from the vehicle technicians on the best back up cameras for cars in the market.