A vehicle backup camera is a device that can be installed on most cars, trucks and SUVs. The purpose of the camera is to direct the driver when reversing since it shows all that is happening at the rear side of the car. For example, if there are other cars parked behind, the driver can easily see them and determine how to move his or her car without touching them. This can make reversing and parking much safer and easier as well. This type of camera also increases safety as it allows you to see any people, pets or objects that may be behind your vehicle that you would not otherwise be able to view.
There are many different backup cameras on the market for one to choose from, but the process can be quite overwhelming if it is your first time buying one. The following are some essential guides to help you select the best backup camera to install in your car.
Top Selling Backup Cameras To Choose From
- ►Excellent license plate wired backup camera,designed for Car,Pickup Truck,SUV,Minivan and Sedans.Work well on old cars,new cars or used cars.
- ►Universal rear view camera,Suit for 12-24V DC Power.26ft RCA video cable.It will work well if your radio,monitor,DVD player or screen has the RCA connector.
- ►Crystal Clear Image Nice Night Vision: Pretty Clear Video,6 Glass Lens,100% True Color Reproduction,100% Updated Chip. Vivid Picture Helps Us to Drive or Reverse with a pleasant Mood.8 LED lights do a great job to get a nice colorful image in the dark.Excellent parking camera for safe reversing and driving.
- Plug and Play: Reverse camera and monitor are connected directly via a 4-pin cable with a power cord connector.Power it to reverse lights for use when vehicle is in reverse gear Or can be powered by directly connecting to a 12v source fuse box or cigarette lighter/power point/ignition switch for continuous use.
- Upgraded High performance IP 69 Waterproof.No need to worry about water inside the camera.Color HD license plate camera with 149 degree viewing angle and 6 White LED Lights provide crystal clear color both at night and day.
- DIY Setting:You can adjust the parking line's width,moving Left/Right/Up/Down to make it fits for the real condition.You can also turn it off if you do not want it.The image can be flipped between mirror (rear view) and facing (front view).You can use the camera as rear backup camera or front camera optional.
- ✔【Upgrade Bluetooth 5.2 & External Mic】: State of The Art Voice Control, Picks up your voice more clearly. Enhanced Listening Experience, lets you play and control music apps and make calls hands-free. Easily change up your music with your existing Steering Wheel Controls or the Touchscreen.
- ✔【HD Touchscreen & Big Logo Design】: Simple and elegant 7 inch high definition capacitive touch screen do the best job of bringing your smartphone into the car. More sensitive and accurate, support 1080P video playback.Easy to see the display and controls, finding and use the controls alomost without looking.
- ✔【Compatible with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto】: The Apple CarPlay and Android Auto apps access map/GPS navigation, phone contacts, email, notification, music and more while you stay focused on the road. The navigation screen is much larger than your phone and most portable navigators. And you get the added luxury of touchscreen controls for your stereo.
Wireless Or Hardwired Device
This is an essential question that you need to ask yourself first before you head to the shop to buy a backup camera. The answer will be determined by convenience you need and also the installation time. A wireless camera is so much faster to install since you will not necessarily need to bother about where to place the cables and where to connect it unlike when using the hardwired device. Also, installing the wireless camera is quite easy and you can do it on your own unlike when installing the wired one which has to be carried out by a technician to ensure that all the interior wiring is done efficiently and no wires are left hanging.
Generally, as the saying goes, “you get what you pay for”. And therefore, if you are willing to spend more money in buying for a backup camera kit, rest assured you will get the best device for your vehicle. As we said earlier, these devices are designed by different brands and are of different kinds as well. So, the choice of your camera will be determined by your budget. The higher the price it will cost you to acquire the better features it has and vice versa. But, there are other brands that are sold at a fair price and they still function well. Hence the best thing to do is to find a camera that meets your needs depending on the areas you drive at and the time as well.
The backup camera is designed to give you a clear view of the rear side of your car. Therefore, the camera should be able to reverse the images or the videos and give a clear view of the screen as if you are looking with your eyes. Also, the images should be clear such that you can see all the objects that are behind you.
Number Of Cameras
This is another essential factor that you need to consider when purchasing the backup camera. Some cars, SUVs and trucks are quite large and one camera may not be able to give a complete view of the rear side. So, to ensure that you are able to cover the entire space view, purchasing two cameras is the best option as they provide a complete backside view. Some backup camera kits are packed with two devices thus you will not necessarily need to purchase them separately.
You definitely want to have a clear view of the back area without straining your eyes to see what is displayed on the screen. Since the screen monitors are designed in different sizes, select the screen that will give you enough view when reversing your car without causing any straining to your eyes.
Not all backup cameras are compatible with all the cars. So, research about the best cameras that work well with your car model. For example, if you drive a Toyota, check out the backup cameras that are compatible with Toyota cars.
Consider Adding Cables
Although the manufacturers usually pack enough cables for backing up the system depending on the car to use with the camera, sometimes it is advisable that you purchase extra cable for towing the set up if need be. Besides, you may also need to shift the position of the system and this may require extra cabling.
If you are planning to install a backup camera in your vehicle, first off read the above guide to help you choose the best camera that will meet your needs and fit well with your vehicle as well. You can also ask for advice from the vehicle technicians on the best back up cameras for cars in the market.