A vehicle backup camera is a device that can be installed on most cars, trucks and SUVs. The purpose of the camera is to direct the driver when reversing since it shows all that is happening at the rear side of the car. For example, if there are other cars parked behind, the driver can easily see them and determine how to move his or her car without touching them. This can make reversing and parking much safer and easier as well. This type of camera also increases safety as it allows you to see any people, pets or objects that may be behind your vehicle that you would not otherwise be able to view.
There are many different backup cameras on the market for one to choose from, but the process can be quite overwhelming if it is your first time buying one. The following are some essential guides to help you select the best backup camera to install in your car.
Top Selling Backup Cameras To Choose From
- Plug and Play,Very easy installation.The system is powered by connecting to reverse lights for use when vehicle is in reverse gear. Or can be powered by directly connecting to a 12v source fuse box or cigarette lighter/power point/ignition switch for continuous use.
- Upgraded IP 69 Waterproof. High performance waterproof, never worry about water inside the camera. Color HD license plate camera with 149 degree viewing angle and 6 White LED Lights provide crystal clear color both at night and day.Camera is connected to monitor via direct wire (provided).
- Multifunctional 4.3 Inch LCD Display' Menu:You can adjust the parking lines's width,moving Left/Right/Up/Down to make it fits for the real condition.You can also turn it off if you do not want it.The image can be flipped between mirror (rear view) and facing (front view).You can use the camera as rear camera or front camera optional.
- Backup camera with IP69K waterproof IP rate. It designed with fully sealed glue filling craft, so it waterproof function is better than IP67 and IP68, you absolutely no need to worry about water, fog or mist inside
- Rear view camera with a latest HD 600TVL 1/2.7inch image sensor and 170 degree super wide viewing angle lens, that's great for you to check the invisible blind spot clearly and make parking safe and simple
- Reverse camera housing is metal, small size and OEM style design. Also it is built in multifunctional switching loops function, you can switch it to be front or rear view, also support guide line/distance scale line on/off switching
- How many times have you been backing out of your driveway or a parking spot only to have a little kid dart behind your automobile, seemingly out of nowhere? The camera is a perfect solution, you will have eyes in the back of your head
- Easy to install: 2 Installation options,you could choose bracket mounting or flush mounting as per your case
- Rear/Front Switchable: Optional Customized Distance Scale Lines & Mirror/Normal Image Switchable - You Can Use it as Rear View Backup Camera or Front/Side Camera Note: By default this is a reverse camera (mirror image) with distance scale line
- 【Easy to install】2 Power Supply. If powered by ACC fuse box, please connected the Red to ACC, the black connect the Metal (Ground), thus the monitor and backup camera will automatically turn on/off when the vehicle is ON. Or if powered by cigarette lighter, it need to manually turn on the monitor when the vehicle starts. (Installation instructions are included.)
- 【Backup camera kit with Distance Sensor】Default with parking guidelines, it will automatically show the rear images and parking guidelines full time whether it's driving or reversing. Perfect for backing into tight spots or moving in reverse, especially for the Large Vehicles, just like having an extra eye in the back.
- 【IP67 Waterproof HD Reverse Camera】Based on IP67 Waterproof Level and CMOS Sensor will present superior clear images even at rainy days. While the 18 IR LEDs will give low light compensation and ensure the vivid images during the night.
- Car backup camera, perfectly solve the issue of bad car rear view effect, high solution backup rearview camera with 7 night version LED lights
- IP68 waterproof design, high water-resistant and you will never have to worry about damaging the cam when washing your car or in rainy days
- License mount backup camera with CMOS (680 X 582 pixels/ NTSC) image, 120°~170° wide viewing angle macro lens, IR led helps you see clearly during low light environment
Last update on 2020-07-11 at 02:09 PST/ Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Wireless Or Hardwired Device
This is an essential question that you need to ask yourself first before you head to the shop to buy a backup camera. The answer will be determined by convenience you need and also the installation time. A wireless camera is so much faster to install since you will not necessarily need to bother about where to place the cables and where to connect it unlike when using the hardwired device. Also, installing the wireless camera is quite easy and you can do it on your own unlike when installing the wired one which has to be carried out by a technician to ensure that all the interior wiring is done efficiently and no wires are left hanging.
Generally, as the saying goes, “you get what you pay for”. And therefore, if you are willing to spend more money in buying for a backup camera kit, rest assured you will get the best device for your vehicle. As we said earlier, these devices are designed by different brands and are of different kinds as well. So, the choice of your camera will be determined by your budget. The higher the price it will cost you to acquire the better features it has and vice versa. But, there are other brands that are sold at a fair price and they still function well. Hence the best thing to do is to find a camera that meets your needs depending on the areas you drive at and the time as well.
The backup camera is designed to give you a clear view of the rear side of your car. Therefore, the camera should be able to reverse the images or the videos and give a clear view of the screen as if you are looking with your eyes. Also, the images should be clear such that you can see all the objects that are behind you.
Number Of Cameras
This is another essential factor that you need to consider when purchasing the backup camera. Some cars, SUVs and trucks are quite large and one camera may not be able to give a complete view of the rear side. So, to ensure that you are able to cover the entire space view, purchasing two cameras is the best option as they provide a complete backside view. Some backup camera kits are packed with two devices thus you will not necessarily need to purchase them separately.
You definitely want to have a clear view of the back area without straining your eyes to see what is displayed on the screen. Since the screen monitors are designed in different sizes, select the screen that will give you enough view when reversing your car without causing any straining to your eyes.
Not all backup cameras are compatible with all the cars. So, research about the best cameras that work well with your car model. For example, if you drive a Toyota, check out the backup cameras that are compatible with Toyota cars.
Consider Adding Cables
Although the manufacturers usually pack enough cables for backing up the system depending on the car to use with the camera, sometimes it is advisable that you purchase extra cable for towing the set up if need be. Besides, you may also need to shift the position of the system and this may require extra cabling.
If you are planning to install a backup camera in your vehicle, first off read the above guide to help you choose the best camera that will meet your needs and fit well with your vehicle as well. You can also ask for advice from the vehicle technicians on the best back up cameras for cars in the market.